Saturday, January 29, 2011

Royal Mail 1 Football 0

... it's a long story (I won't bore you now - I may bore you later !) involving last-minutes changes of overtime and me subsequently not getting home until after 1530 hrs ... so the "new lens workout" will have to wait until Tuesday.

BUT THEN ... I thought about grabbing the second half up at Hurst Cross ...

BUT THEN ... I got onto t'internet to discover the game had been called off due to a frozen pitch !

AND THEN ... I further discovered that the Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United game had similarly bitten the (frozen) dust.

BUT WORST OF ALL (for others not me) ... the Mossley game away at Lancaster City was apparently called off at 1130hrs this morning ... the "awayday crew" were catching the 0955 train due to arrive in Lancaster at 1154hrs ... oh dear - oh dear ...

I'm off out to salvage something from today (yep - it's gonna be telly-pub-football !) - I wait to hear how the Mossley faithful have fared ... oh dear - oh dear ...
.

No comments: