Friday, December 02, 2011

Ashton United v Whitby Town



Almost but not quite - stand-in 'keeper Sam Madeley

I start to wonder whether I'm some kind of "Bad Luck Charm" up at Hurst Cross - seems every time I go I see a red card - an Ashton United red card. Wednesday night saw Ashton keeper Terry Smith sent off very early on, and Ashton putting up an heroic rearguard action for the best part of 80 minutes with striker Sam Madeley donning the gloves. In fact Ashton even took the lead through Chris Amadi before conceding two very late goals. There's a few negative comments going around - but I reckon the "ten man" put up a great performance for 80 minutes before finally succumbing - maybe they should have "pushed on" a bit - but maybe they'd have then lost by a far heavier score. In my eyes anyway - no disgrace - the Robins just seem to get some fearful bad luck at times (they also lost Mark Peers through injury so ...). Some pix at

Ashton United 1 Whitby Town 2


A heavy day at the mail-face - followed by meatballs for tea !!!
.

No comments: