Saturday, February 10, 2007

Today it was Football - sort of ....

Mossley off - Stalybridge off - Woodley on (but I'm sorry, I just couldn't summon up enough enthusiasm - don't know why - but I had I had spent the morning racing round Ashton preparing for next week's journeys...).

So I hoofed it to a pub - no names no pack drill - to watch Moneybags United take on Charlton Athletic, courtesy of the "aljazeera Channel" as it's know in the trade !!



Upcoming fixtures - in Arabic natch !!

And a very below-par performance by United it was as well, considering Charlton's league position and the number of debutants they had today (I was particularly impressed by Alexander Song, and Zheng Zhi showed up well when he came on as well) Still United won 2-0 - the usual crowd of "pretend fans" went home happy - from the pub that is - don't ask me about those at Old Trafford - I'm sure the trains to Plymouth were full this evening !! I then caught the end of the Scotland v Wales Rugby game and the first half of the Portsmouth v City game (known as "Sitting with the Suicidals") before deciding "This is NOT what Saturday football is meant to be like" and going home to the great British Pizza and beer....
Aaah, next weeks journeys - yes Smiffy is off to...
for a few days to get away from the sh*tty cold weather here in dear old Blighty - look foward to pix of bags of frozen peas next weekend etc etc.....

No comments: