Monday, April 30, 2007

10,000 visitors - THANK YOU ALL !

..and 9,000 of them were not me updating/checking the site !

Thanks to all for your visitations this season - starting from scratch at the end of August, and as you've probably noticed, changing tack ever so slightly towards the end of the season with the arrival of the "new" camera (i.e. less chat, more pix) - it's been a laugh, some good stuff some crap stuff, some controversy, some music (even some lambs and ducks !) - it's not just football you know !! As the weeks went on 10,000 looked like a good number to aim for - bang in a few controversial posts here and there - gets the numbers up - and of course those controversial bits are straight from the Smiffy heart - witness the "goings-on" on the Ashton United message board this weekend - unfortunately (??) at times "I say what I see" - and that doesn't half upset some folks.......and here I go again ..

No idea whether I'll keep this on next season - come 30th June, I may well be throwing my lot back in with the new regime @ Mossley - although I make no promises after an "initial post" by one of the "new" directors which, rather misguidedly (I hope) sounds like more of the same. I post this link purely for information - although in true Smiffy style I'll probably get accused of stirring it - probably cus I think this is predominantly aimed at one person (who I know and it's not me - for a change) - unfortunately you DO have to be registered on Mossley forum to clock the thread..

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Mossley_AFC_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1965

Football will of course continue as long as is possible - had an e-mail at work today from Mrs Smiffy which said "working till 8-30pm tomorrow night" - which knocks the Witton v Matlock play-off on the head (didn't fancy the drive to Northwich anyway if the truth be told)

So ... Wednesday it is - at Edgeley Park (now advertised as "Home of Sale Sharks" rather than Stockport County - now that's sad) - yes it's the Stockport Senior Cup Final betwixt Woodley Sports Reserves and Cheadle Heath Nomads (Linotype I think still comes into it somewhere !!!) - hey I've not been there since they built the new stand -so it'll be worth a peep - and I get a couple of hours o/t at work (viz Cheadle Hulme) befor getting the train direct to Stockport !!

Cus you won't find me down at the "ticket only/photography pass required" Tameside Stadium on Thursday night for the NWCFL Cup Final twixt Curzon Ashton and (you guessed it) FC United of Manchester - had it been Bacup Borough v Castleton Gabriels - I fear it may have been a little more relaxed .. my thoughts will of course be with Curzon - a win would round their season off nicely ..

I might get a game on Saturday (down in Derbyshire) if - Cammell Laird lose their play-off semi and Eastwood Town win theirs ,, there may be other options "daarn there" - but I still haven't got an NLP (Pimlotts in Cheadle Hulme let me down today !) ..

Once again though - THANKS TO ALL - I'VE ENJOYED IT - HOPE YOU FOUND SOMETHING OF INTEREST ..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching 10,000 posts. It's quite an achievement.

Iain

SJNR said...

Yep, well done Smiffy on reaching your target!