Thursday, June 05, 2008

MMK - Mossley Manager Kerfuffle ...



i.e.not the Mossley manager any more. On 1st June 2008 "Bish" dropped his scoop on the Tameside msgboarders - via the Stalybridge board - telling us that Gerry Quinn was no longer the Mossley manager and that he was being replaced by Chris Willcock. "Bish" got a fair bit of stick on several of the local boards - in fact the word "knobhead" was touted at one stage. Today however - it's all come out in the wash - and Mr "Bish" was spot on with his info.

What can I say - Gerry Quinn - a true gent , a great guy - and someone who stepped into the Mossley breach when Mossley were at their most desperate. He came - he brought players - he helped the club survive probably their most dangerous year since just before the Les Lawlor/Steve Fisher takeover/fiasco (they were subsequently proved to be tw*ts - allegedly). I think Gerry has been treated badly. the official line is "mutual consent" - convinced ?? Not I - not others either ...

HOWEVER - Chris Willcock - an ex-Mossley player who was well-rated by me if no-one else - he'd run miles per game and create for others - the fact that others failed to convert eventually led to his departure from the club - which I thought was an absolute disgrace at the time - and I said so and I know it's on paper / web / all sorts of places. Obviously last season, he had a 'mare at Woodley Sports -maybe things have been learnt from that - my only real worry is that we'll end up with "young Aaron" as the third photographer - although I've no idea whether his dad is coming in with Chris (note to Smiffy - FIND OUT ..). I'm going to wish Chris all the best - no doubt he's working with even less cash than he had @ Woodley as well - let's see ...

Picture-wise, all I can find is this from about 12 months ago .... but you never know - I might get invited to a "photoshoot" up the road....otherwise it's a question of "cut and paste".........



Tomorrow sees Mr and Mrs Smiffy on one the regular "culture trips" - 'tis "The Revengers Tragedy" at the Royal Exchange - a bit of Jacobean blood'n'gore with maybe a hint of humour - I'll let you know - features Steven Tompkinson - who I always remember from the film "Brassed Off" - rather than "Ballykissangel" and stuff like that...

And then Saturday sees the start of the Euros ... aaah football .... Greece and Croatia are my teams of choice - at the moment anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fraid so Smiffy, "young Aaron" is number 3...

Mike Smith said...

Right - I'm definitely off to Stalybridge !!

Anonymous said...

How come, I dont bite...

Although I do have to agree that is a hefty amount of photographers for a step 4 club!