Thursday, August 17, 2006

England v Greece

OK it's football Jim but not as I know it. Despite it being on terry estriel telly I still failed to be there for kick-off for various reasons - train, meal, washing-up and the fact that at 1955 it absolutely chucked it down.

When I left the house it was 1-0 to England - by the time I got to the pub (Britaannia in bottom Mossley) it was 2-0. Saw the big bugger Crouch grab two and thought "slaughter imminent". Beer by the way was Jennings "Fish King" (4.3%)

However the second half was in true England style (think back to World Cup - no excuses for heat this time either). I even managed to "lose" about 10 mins of the second half (nodded off - in the pub - yes !).

Best phrase of the night was the commentator who said "The Greeks are a little porous" - I thought Porous was one of the Ionian Islands !

Thought Downing was useful - I like them evil crosses that can either mean OG or "Crouch flick".

..but take me back to non-league - SOON !

No comments: