Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday - A Pictorial Ramble

Well - let's start in the usual place - the Stalybridge Train Info System - Monday was obviously a "false dawn" - we got this on Tuesday. I've yet to take a "new pic" - as it now says "FTPE" (as in First) - but hey - I look forward to the New Year. "Find-out-stuff-time" - the only place to get some sense is talk to train staff - Stalybridge Station ?? Save your breath .....

-if it's John -"It's not my fault -I repeat it's not my fault !!" - straight on the defensive ....
-if it's Ashley - too busy looking after any lady under 25 looking lost/lonely on the platforms ..
-if it's Gary - "Under Section 257 Para 3 Sub-Section 23, I'm not at liberty to tell you anything. Now either catch a train - or drink beer at the Buffet - or I'll have you for loitering under Section 239b".

So I talked to a friendly guard (Northern Rail) on the train - the happy smiley one with the beer belly - apparently the problem is a Manc/Hudd thing - when it's been working up to now, the info has come from Manc - however it appears the system will/should eventually be run from Huddersfield - when the connections kick in ... as I said - roll on New Year ...




I had a day off work on Wednesday - did some Crimbly shopping ... now take a look at the next two pix -it's a spelling/upper/lower case thing...


Should it be ....




...or should it be ....



...now I've always worked on the "little u" - but then I'm not local - as in only 23 years 1 month 9 days.... never mind - here's a posey pic taken 'twixt Ashton and Stalybridge yesterday afternoon on the train..... note ALL pix on this thread are courtesy the Fuji FinePix A500.



..did some shopping in Top Mossley as well yesterday - came home via the ground - and saw this ....



...now it's been a while since attended a home game - my guess is that this went up sometime before the FCUM game .. oh and have you read the "furore" regarding the re-arranged Curzon v FCUM game over Crimbo - because of the TV - I bet it's making the FCUM fans so much more comfortable - yes it IS just like the"real thing" ..... big crowds, TV, re-arrangements, merchandise - what next ? A foreign pre-season tour ?? (Hint - irony here ..)

.and finally - it's a warm welcome to the latest addition to the Smiffy household - it's Pedro's Crimbo pressy - it's called Wyatt - and it's a "Blue-Tongued Skink" - and it came all the way from Southport last night - I will get some better pix when he's settled in - yes he's a "blerk" if there's any ladies out there....but for now I give you - Wyatt...





Weekend all still on as per earlier thread - though I forgot to take suit to dry-cleaners today - fingers crossed for tomorrow...

1 comment:

Tameside Eye said...

Well don't ask Tameside Council:

http://www.tamesidetories.com/news_detail.php?nid=123