Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Oxford United v Exeter City

It's football Jim - but not as I know it - home, then out on the 1946 train to Greenfield - cus I had this uncanny feeling that the "Railway" would have the game on - in fact when I got there the TV was off - it took a small ask off Richie - then within minutes (OK 2) twas on ....

The game - I spent much of it talking to Carl - the "pro-snapper" of the Saddleworth area (got some tips for big camera too !). In 1972 I went to the FA Trophy semi-final between Yeovil Town and Stafford Rangers - played at the old Oxford ground - got a thumping from a Yeovil fan as well - strangely enough this put me on the side of Exeter tonight - and they got there eventually - took some bloody work though - and I'm talking "before the pens".

Anyway - Morecambe and Exeter in the final - my thoughts are of course "get a non-league" team in there

Pictures - why ?? (But I've (sadly) got some though !!)


Oh go on then - happy Grecians and one seriously hacked-off Oxford fan...been there done it - think 119th minute - 1976 - Wembley - FA Trophy Final - now THAT'S seriously been there done it felt it.....






No comments: