Thursday, April 17, 2008

Grumpy Old Git Post ....

Several tales from this week...

ONE - our local paper (plus the "Manchester United Evening News") has featured the tale of the Stalybridge lady who parked her car illegally - then returned to find the words "CANT READ" spray painted all over it - plus tyres slashed. Don't get me wrong - the wanton vandalism is the work of total d*ckheads, be they from the adjacent premises or not. My point is that the story turns said lady into a martyr-cum-hero - whoa !!!!! Parked illegally I believe - but let's turn the story round and emphasise the "missing apostrophe" amongst the spray paint - helps to hide the fact that the car was parked ...... illegally....

TWO - Tuesday morning at Mossley Station - I need a new weekly pass - therefore I nip down to station several minutes early to purchase said ticket from "our Graham". I also noticed some "ticket checker dudes" at both entrances to the Manchester-bound platform. Train arrives at 0724 - two women are still trying to get on platform - on the train, they're moaning like f*ck to the guard with such phrases as "I always buy my ticket on the train" and "They should put notices up". FACT - Travelling on a train without a ticket IS AN OFFENCE .... If you need a ticket, whether a daily or a weekly, get there 5 minutes before the train arrives rather than 30 seconds. Once again people making excuses - sorry but I lump 'em in with the "fare dodger" crew - of which there are MANY on our line into Manchester. As far as I'm concerned you should not be allowed on any bloody platform without a ticket. They've installed barriers at Manchester Oxford Road - early indications are that ticket sales have gone up ..... hmmm .....

THREE - the binge drinking 12 year old in the "Metro" this week - Mummy blamed "advertising" - I blame Mummy for giving girlie too much pocket money .....

FOUR - There's a protest in Ashton on Saturday 26th April about the proposed Manchester "Congestion Charge" - I'll be there - because for me, the charges being mooted are FAR TOO LOW ....

FIVE - All grumped out - bugger off and leave me alone !!
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Ashton on the 26th? I thought you'd be venturing down to watch Stafford v Droylsden. Go on, you know you want to. Seats available on our coach.

Mike Smith said...

Carl- I'd have gone !!! But the 1715 kick-off cocks up loads of stuff back home on the Mossley ranch ...

A bit of a bugger ...

Mike Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.