Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday ....

...OK - it's apres midnight as we speak (OK 0100 !!) - and to be honest, all eyes should now turn towards Stalybridge Celtic in their quest to "wave at Droylsden as they pass 'em" - viz the BSN Play-Off Final @ Burton in just over 19 hours.

It's interesting to go around the boards of the "Six Tame Sides" - it varies between complete indifference (Curzon) to "C'mon Barrow" (Hyde & Droylsden).

I'm going - OK, call me a Mossley fan if you like (it's nice ...) but it's probably because I'm not born, bred and buttered in any of the local towns that gives me the urge/feeling/etc etc to go and support a local team other than the one five minutes walk away from my house ...

I've a sneaky feeling that there will be a few from the Tameside area down at the Pirelli later today - let's hope for something good. After last Sunday's game at Bower Fold (i.e best part of 3 hours of everything - up - down - heart attack - etc) - well who knows.......

DON'T FORGET - If you can't go - get down to a pub that's got Setanta - cus it's on live ........... I'm told the "Q" in Bridge will have it on - if you want to avoid the "StalyVegas" crap - go to the"Railway" in Greenfield - if there's more than one of you - they'll put Sultana on - I watched a few Conf play-offs up there last season ... no probs....
.

No comments: