Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mossley v Ossett Albion



"Hope it's tomato soup tonight - it's bloody freezing !"

... well it took a time coming - but 4-0 in the end was no more than Mossley deserved - after getting off to a flyer with Callum Byrne's screamer (I was still "setting up" hence the poor snapper effort), Mossley then contrived to continue what they've been doing all season i.e. create loads of chances and put bugger all in the onion bag. they were certainly comfortable for most of the 90 minutes (OK Ossett had one disallowed but it WAS the right decision) - comfortable enough for Ossett to "adjust" their game plan from "nice but harmless" to "roughhouse" - it failed as Mossley managed to get three more goals in the last 10 minutes to make the score more realistic. Some pictures at

Mossley 4 Ossett Albion 0

As I mentioned last night/this morning (!) this win moves the Lilywhites up to 14th place - and there are still some games in hand which brings the play-off positions into view (but it IS only November - so enough of that !). Time to get a bit of a run together first - and Saturday will be an interesting test at Harrogate Railway who've had something of a resurgence lately (including a win at high-flying Chorley). Remember me saying my Saturday "days off" never coincide with a decent away game - I was wrong ... a nice train trip to Starbeck beckons ...

A bit of overtime this afternoon saw me out in the dark in an unknown area of Oldham checing my A-Z under street lights - time to indent for a head torch I feel ... and I'm starting to get that "Christmas is coming" feeling - not only loads of bloody catalogues but an increase in packets/parcels as well - I guess the word is "eek !"
.

No comments: