Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Stalybridge Celtic v Droylsden - Second Thoughts ...

... pretty much as "first thoughts" ... but with added photographs (these damned night game pix still need a tweak here, a tweak there and a little bit of TLC - but I'm fairly pleased with this lot !!)

Stalybridge Celtic 4 Droylsden 0


Other observations - it was BLOODY cold - just what you need after a day out in the bloody cold - and being a skinny wretch I have very little extra "baggage" to hold onto any extraneous heat !! Now if I was a REAL Celtic fan, I'd have been well warmed by that performance. Sometimes the words "local derby" can mean very little to players (especially if they ain't local ...), but the message had certainly got through to the Celtic squad last night - they hustled and hassled and competed for the full 90 minutes (I was thinking of saying "competed like Tigers" - but that probably wouldn't have gone down very well !!!). So much so that Droylsden were very much second best ... and towards the end, Celtic were ripping through the Bloods defence at will - all "stuffing" had been completely knocked out of the visitors. I won't say too much more about the game - check out the official report from the Celtic website.

Another cold day today - however I finally got my new "playing out" coat - and judging by the time I finished today (after a "touch" of o/t) the colour is probably about right !!! Check out ...




There was a large pile of boxes all containing lots of other bits of the "new uniform" - but apparently we're NOT allowed to have them .................... yet ................. reasons - unknown !! Rest of the week will involve getting cold, getting warm - and vice versa !!
.

1 comment:

Nortoner said...

I reckon you're right Mike. That's an album to be proud of! Excellent work fella!