Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Snow - aaarrgh !



Yep - it snowed fairly heavily last night. Got up bright and chirpy at 0630 hrs to see 4 or 5 inches on the ground and thought "bugger". Due in work at 0745 - normally I get a bus about 0720 which "just" makes it, but as I was walking to the bus stop this morning I was thinking "No way will it get up this (ungritted) hill". Waited for a few minutes with a load of others before deciding to start walking - I can get out of Mossley towards a place called Grotton - honest - where there are more buses to Oldham more often. Made it there and jumped on a bus that went about 400 yards before hitting gridlock ! Didn't move for about 10 minutes, so thought "Sod it - might as well walk the rest of the way" (about 4 miles !).

Got to the office about 0840 and sorted out walk (loads of bloody Sky Magazines !) before going on an "inclement weather" brief and being issued with some new toys. We got a set of shoe snow chains and a pair of "spikies" - rubber things you put over your boots that have small metal spikes on the bottom. Once I got to the start of my walk I popped the spikies on - and they were REALLY good - even in 4 inches of snow - so I managed to complete pretty much on time - bus home was running (hurrah !) and when I got home I rustled up a Shepherds Pie for tea (still well into this cooking lark ...).

Believe it's just started snowing again, but do I care ?? It's my "day off" tomorrow, and I'm taking it !!!

(Thursday might be "interesting" though ...)
.

No comments: