Friday, September 02, 2011

Busy Friday ...

... still on holiday - still remembering NOT to go into work - upstairs bathroom has had a "paint job" this week (something for the unemployed/students to do !!) - so before either of same had got up this morning I put some new floor covering down (OK not "exactly" new - leftovers from downstairs but ... hey !!).

Job done - so I went for a walk - last October I did a bit of a walk from Oldham to Grotton along the "old" railway line:

OldhamGrottonRailwayOctober2010

- and I promised myself I'd one day check out the Oldham to Ashton "old" railway line. Today was the day ...

OldhamAshtonRailway - 02Sep11

Not as straightforward/obvious this one - certainly a bit trickier to follow up at the Oldham end - but we got there in the end - I think !

Tomorrow - no work - so am going for BIG football trip (with apologies to "5 mins up the road Mossley" - the road to Wembley may start tomorrow (v Runcorn Linnets) - however Saturdays off are so few and far between - you've just got to go for something ... big !

Histon here I come ...
.

Saturday Morning Edit - you won't know this but - when you're getting closer to Ashton, the old railway line actually goes past the back of Joe's house ?? Fascinating ...
.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Thought I might have got a mention seeing as though you went right past my house mike!!