Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Day Off !!

... and just for a change - I'm taking it - feel like I deserve it after yesterday's "workday" - once again not getting out until late and then taking nearly two hours (!!!) over one bag of mail - all controlled entry flats (and a right rabbit warren it was as well) - and no key fob for me - so it was a case of ring bells until you find someone in - takes forever !!

Few bits and bobs to do today (haircut, new trainers etc) then it's Mossley tonight for their League Cup game (or should I say Doodson Cup - they've paid their sponsorship so ...) against Curzon Ashton - Mossley obviously looking for an improvement on the August Bank Holiday 0-4 drubbing. Plus - I'm thinking of just taking the 85mm f1.8 lens tonight rather than the big'un - haven't really given it a full 90 minutes anywhere to test out angles/positions etc - why not tonight (less weight to carry as well - it IS my day off after all !!)

One bright spot on the horizon (pun intended) is the weather for the reast of the week - see BBC screen dump:




... that'll do for me - might even break out the RM shorts (last worn in April believe it or not - that's how cr*p the summer has been to be honest !).
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weather forecast like that has to make a trip over to Hurst Cross tempting on Wednesday evening as well?

Mike Smith said...

I wish !!!

Strictly one midweek game per week (when Mrs Smiffy is at home !!) - will probably do the Robins on Saturday against Spennymoor (in my attempts to spread it around the Six Tame Sides - at least I'm getting "two with one blow" tonight ...)