Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stalybridge Celtic v Northwich Vics ...

... in the Cheshire Senior Cup Semi-Final ...

Well - once I'd got the nod that the Mossley v Farsley game was off - only one other option ... and it's a good job me and some other bugger turned up - otherwise the attendance would have been 99.  Even so ... 101 is pathetic - especially when everyone's (well a good proportion) favourites weren't on the telly.  I guess there are obviously loads of closet Barca fans out there - either that or this idea of "gritty Northerners" is actually a myth.  You have to remember that last night was tropical compared to 24 hours earlier as well (even I only needed one pair of gloves last night).  OK so there's loads of "ructions" in the Stalybridge camp at the moment (check out the message board), but it's a cup semi-final for Frith's sake !!!

So what did the stayaways miss ??? A comfy 3-0 win for the home side allegedly in turmoil against a (for me) surprisingly sterile opposition (who'd won 6 of their last 8 games - including a 10-0 hammering of Hapless Hucknall Town).  Two first half strikes from Tom Buckley and a third late on (after some serious penalty area ping-pong) took Celtic through to the final to play ... well we'll find out later this evening (Chester FC v Witton Albion tonight) at a venue of which I am not aware (might have been mentioned in last night's prog - but I can't afford such luxuries).  Following on from last night's early pics ... the rest are here ...

Stalybridge Celtic 3 Northwich Victoria 0 (CSC Sem-Final)

Glad I went for it anyway - tonight's other midweek option (Ashton U v Matlock T) is frozen off.

Fairly warm today at work - livened up by some seriously childish rowing 'twixt certain posties (+ one manager) early doors today - comforting (in my mind) that I just can't be *rsed to get involved with office politics too much these days (I just went outside for a fag !!) - but if any of them want my opinion in the morning ... they'll ALL get some serious flak !!

Now ... to tellyland (i.e. "Lightfields") ...
.

1 comment:

Nortoner said...

Good set that Smiffy - omne of your best I reckon. Nice one(s)