Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Little Bit of Everything Today .....

I guess it started last night with dinner out in Longsight, beer and a "stop over". Home for ten this morning, big fry-up see picture for amazing stuff - tell me the odds on that happening !!



Two eggs - two double-yolkers - how about that then ??

Then off to Liverpool for the second weekend running - this time the correct weekend mind - for boy's ju-jitsu exam (Junior Shodan Kobudo Gold Tab 2 for those who want to know). Sneaked a quick pic in for the http://www.cheeseontour.com/ site (after a trip round the Fazakerley "Somerfield" to buy the cheese !), before repairing to the pub and nursing a couple of real bitter shandies whilst watching Man United rip Bolton apart in the first 24 minutes and then doing naff all for the rest of the game.



Cheese on Tour - with a little bit of "wristy" thrown in ....

Game over, exam over, presentations over - left Faz at precisely 1526 - maniac (yet safe) driving got me home to drop off boy and then straight down to Stalybridge for about 1630, arriving just in time to hear a roar from the crowd. Slipped in to find Bridge had just gone two down ("a present from Syko" I was told) - caught up with some of the guys who told me how woeful it had been, and stood through the last 25 minutes - with most of the action at the other end.



Wrong end again ...




A late Harrogate free-kick



Ellington waits - it didn't come ....!!

My watch said 1655 at the end - and that was with only 3 minutes added on apparently. A quick drive down to the Buffet Bar for a real beer at last, before dropping the car off at home and going down to the "Brit" to watch Wales stuff England - strange being the only Welsh fan in the village, but I was brought up by my Dad watching Welsh Rugby Union - i.e. when they were good ! It was 15-0 to the Welsh when I arrived - just in time to see the England fight-back. Still the right team won in the end - discuss !!!

So - an early finish to the blog this weekend - next week - hmmm - Mossley at home on Tuesday in a real "relegation, six-pointer, life and death" type game against Radcliffe Borough. SJNR and his crew apparently went to see them today in their 0-2 home defeat by Ossett Town - his words on the Mossley message Board were "if we lose to them we might as well pack up for the season" - which says it all I guess.

I won't be there - yes the boycott remains - but I've a prior engagement/better offer anyway - me and Mrs Smiffy are off to the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester - to see the mighty Tuareg "desert rockers" from Mali - Tinariwen..
Ibrahim and the rest of the Tinariwen crew....
...you've heard of "rock and roll" - well they play "roll and roll" (quote shamelessly stolen from Andy Kershaw on last Sunday's "Desert Island Discs" !) - recommended listening is "Aman Iman (Water is Life)" - a bit of rock, a lot of roll, a bit of blues - all mixed in with West African/Tuareg beats and rhythms.
Best have my mobile on silent/vibrate mode - just in case there is good news from Seel Park.

I don't believe there's anything local, next midweek, that I'll make it to watch - next Saturday of course is the big one in our area - the 1st Leg of the FA Vase semi-final twixt Curzon Ashton and Truro City - so where will I be - on a train to Guiseley to watch Mossley perform miracles ..........you can take the man out of Mossley, but you can't take the Mossley out of the man - I promise I'll be at the FA Vase Final probably with several thousand other Tameside "hangers-on".
Best catch up on the rest of the scores now

1 comment:

SJNR said...

I'm not sure that me and one other person constitutes 'a crew'! :D

But you're right - I think that the Radcliffe match is win or bust.