Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Oldham Chronicle ....

...more one-sided than Mossley on a bad day. For those of you outside the "Six Tame Sides" circulation, I offer this link:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/SPORTT04.html

which is the "official" view on Saturday afternoon's events - and if you enjoy a good fiction novel - go for it. On my way home from work on Tuesday I got one phone call from a fellow Mossley fan (i.e one of the "two supporters") letting me know about this article - I then get a txt from one of our "southern based" fans who's seen it reproduced on the Mossleywb site. I got back to Mossley - picked up a "Chron" from Rajas (local convenience store) - and on my way to Stalybridge last night phoned up the Chron lambasting Mr Bugby - who's been covering Mossley for the best part of 20 years and leaving my phone number for him to get back to me.

Unfortunately work then intervened - as I got to work this morning at 0815 I was dragged into a meeting with auditors (who - after accountants - must be the most pointless human beings on this planet) and at 1245 I return to my desk to find "1 missed call" on my phone - yes it was the Chron - all I could do was to e-mail my take on Saturday evening (knowing it was far too late to publish) - but hey - they know. I'm also aware of another Mossley fan who has sent similar feelings to same paper.

And then we get tonight's paper...


http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/SPORTW04.html

...yet another well-spun story from the higher echelons of the Mossley Management - and if Melford Knight thinks that scoring a winner "throws all criticism back in everyone's faces" - then what the hell has he been doing for the previous five months (i.e. since last home win) ? Swallows and summers come to mind ....

It's good to get a win because it DOES take everyone's mind of events of a few days ago - however it does not make everything in the garden rosy - the underlying problems remain (dammit we went up as Champs last season - the same feelings were there even then - it's not new).

Please God let Mossley win on Saturday against Gateshead - another home game - another chance to move closer to that "fifth from bottom placing". My Saturday will be spent in Fazakerley - as young boy has another Ju-Jitsu examination (another £47 spent tonight - ouch) - which won't see me and him getting back home much before 1615.

Fingers crossed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't quite agree with the bit about accountants - they can be quite useful when it comes to tax return time. Substitute HR staff (Human Remains?) and I would agree.

Anonymous said...

Yes, steady on with the accountant comments - you could lose half your readership.

Mike Smith said...

Only half ????