Monday, March 19, 2007

Sneak Some In !! Curzon Ashton v Flixton

OK - needs must - and after bringing "boy" back from ju-jitsu, I thought hey - it's 2045 - why not hightail it down to Curzon ?? I rang - game on - and Curzon are 1-0 down at half-time. Throw boy out (in the nicest possible way - you get these child cruelty namby pamby liberals on yojur back otherwise !) and down to the Tameside Stadium. Park car (found space easily !!) - "inforfree" as they say - to find that within a matter of 4 miles, a 0-1 deficit has been turned around into a 2-1 lead !



Kidsgrove (last Tuesday) - three flags two fans - Curzon - just the flag ...

!

Might be a touch busier on Saturday !!



So I only got to see the last half hour - but Curzon are fast, direct, they know where the options are, they've quality up front and from what little I saw of the Flixton attack - they're certainly comfy at the back -remember - I've seen them score seven this season at home - saw 'em beat Glossop away (trickier that one though) - to me they have to be close to the "Six Tame Sides Team of the Season" - but we'll wait till "end of..." before that accolade is properly conferred !!


This is Curzon's third goal - that's Mike Blurry Norton to the right !!

United/Chelsea I guess - Truro have the Abramovic figure who's chucking money at 'em - according to Sunday's NLP he used to live near the old Wembley Stadium - so why he no throw money at Wembley FC ?? Hey ho Curzon won 3-1 - a useful training sesh for Saturday..

My best wishes are with Curzon on Saturday - on another day I'd be trying to make that terrace look full, me and many others from Mossley, Stalybridge, Hyde, Droylsden and Ashton United I'm sure. Curzon WILL get a cracking crowd on Saturday - including some "semi-floaters" and some from the above teams. You never know - they could end the day two up - I could win the lottery - and then charter a plane "down there" for the second leg.. but I reckon Curzon's odds are a lot shorter than my lottery odds.

Word from Mossley is the cr*p weather Sunday/Monday has caused little or no problems for tonight's game against Radcliffe. I cross my fingers - in between clicking them to the beat of Tinariwen (see below)..

No comments: