Saturday, August 04, 2007

Mossley v Ashton United

A good win !!. Pix @

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/mossleysmiffy/MossleyAshton2007/

I will put some words together later - but it's too bloody late now ....

OK - Saturday - I'd be using words like "rugged", "robust" , nay "feisty" (last used at the Clitheroe/Hyde game if I remember rightly !). Twas only to be expected, really what with the Mossley team filled with ex-Ashton players and vice versa (OK McCartney and Knight - two yellow cards - coincidence or what ?). Then it turns out it was NOT for the Willow Wood Hospice Cup at all !!


In fact what is Melford saying to the ref here ....



Only the second time I've seen Mossley this pre-season, but the progress is there for all to see - I guess there's a slight "comfy" feeling - Manager Gerry Quinn is going about things in what seems an unassuming way - and the results are happening on the pitch - Last night saw a 2-1 win (a pen for Connor and a cracking curler free kick from Gayle - there I was saying "free kick taker or goal ??" - and ending up with neither !). A late goal for Ashton United was followed by a few hairy moments but ....

Happy so far - now - where to go today ??

2 comments:

SJNR said...

2 - 0?

2 - 1, surely?

;-)

Mike Smith said...

Whoops !!

Miles away at times me - suitably amended - thanks Steve