Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ashton United v Stockport County - Friendly



Aaah - time at last - done the pix first of course...

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/mossleysmiffy/AshtonStockport/

My little book tells me that Northern Rail once again f**ked up last night - automated systems are a waste of space. I went for the 1857 - when I checked with my mate "Robowoman" @ 1854 - it was on time - two minutes later an express hurtles through Mossley and a re-check with "her" tells me it's now 6 minutes late. Hey ho, the 1919 bus from Stalybridge up to Hurst Cross was ... 2 minutes late, so I did arrive just after KO. How will we EVER sel the concept of public transport to the general public when they can't even get the simple things right - I despair really I do - last night's performances could well lead to someone going out and buying a bloody 4x4 ....

Rant (slightly) over - my aim last night was to try out stuff with the camera using myold lens at 150mm - as I'd seen a recently released 50-150 f2.8 lens from Sigma at an extremely reasonable price and wanted to experiment at that length - within minutes it was "sod that - we'll have to go 70-200 - and pay the extra !!" Lens update here - it ain't gonna happen overnight - still some delicate negotiations to go through - but I guarantee by Christmas the night game pix should improve - if they don't - it's down to me, not the kit !!!

The usual STS "exclusive !"
I'm sure it was a good work out for all concerned - got to be better than just a training session anyway - and I did get a couple of the goals - I think !! In the club afterwards I got collared into taking a pic of some "new signings" as Robin had shot off apparently - no idea who they are, but the pic is now available on the above link. Also in attendance last night was the "cultured left foot" of Radcliffe Borough Manager Kevin Glendon (and the rest of his body of course !) I asked him about the "state of play", given the recent press release by "young Bernard" - he said "We've gotta get on with it" - Kev is not "full-time" up there anymore - I hope it all works out for both Kevin and club - after all his left foot was revered all those years ago when he played for Mossley (and the rest of his body !!).

I'm stopping now - I want to watch the Michael Palin repeat on BBC4 - Mossley v Ossett calls at the weekend - apparently there's football on tonight - can't be anyone interesting or I'd be watching it .......

No comments: