Saturday, September 01, 2007

Hyde United v Redditch United

For starters.....

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/mossleysmiffy/HydeRedditch/

(More for the dog owners @ Glossop Beer Fest - bear with me - there's more to come !)

Star Date 2343 - or nearly midnight - pix sorted at above link - now what about today ??? I've got to say from the start that it was a good "full day out" !! Started at 1157 with the train to Stalybridge - a couple of pints of Nottingham Brewery "Extra Pale Ale" before getting to Ashton - quick one in the "Prince of Orange" (needed a pee !!!) before 330 bus to Hyde. Walked over to the "Sportsman" where I met Gav, Pras and a few others (Daleside "DUFF Blonde" was the 'soup de jour').

The game - obviously you'll get a better call on the match at http://www.hydeunited.co.uk/reports.htm or check out the fan's view at http://www.eyeonthetigers.co.uk/forum/ - but I thought Hyde were comfy throughout - sad to say (as a Midlander myself) but Redditch had very little to offer up front, and by the end the wheels had all but fallen off the defence. A very well deserved victoire for "Les Tigres". And here's the STS "exclusive" !!!




One minor point - within two minutes of "whipping out me monopod" I was accosted by a 'yellowjacket' asking whether I had "official permission" to photograph the game. It may well be the case that when you get up to the "dizzy heights" of Blue Square North, permission may be required - I had no probs last season at the Gainsborough game (http://sixtamesides.blogspot.com/2006/09/hyde-v-gainsborough.html) although I did only have my baby Fuji. I did find another "snapper" with a DigiSLR ("sans monopod" mind) - no-one had mithered him !! Does a monopod make you a pro or what ?? Anyways I'll be in touch with head honchos at Hyde, Stalybridge and Droylsden to "check stuff out" and assure them that I am in no way attempting to make money/deprive Mr Blue Square etc etc - and try to get any sort of accreditation necessary. You may well note that - unlike some - there is NO copyright-type watermark on any of my pix - I consider them "up for grabs".

Anyway enough of that - a swift walk down to Newton Station to get the 1705 to Glossop - the much-vaunted "Big Day Out" was reduced to Gav, Pras and myself !!!. Off the train - into the "Star" car park - and we were off again...(Parish Brewery "somehing" was my starter). HOWEVER ..on the train in we'd noticed the cricket pitch - so a swift detour to watch the end of the Glossop CC vs Woodbank CC was in order (I've never done cricket before with the camera - now that is different !). Glossop won handsomely by 9 wickets - and then back to the "real" beer - Hornbeam Brewery "Top Hop" was a newbie for me (brewed in Denton apparently). We spotted Neil from Shaws Brewery rolling in a couple of 9's from his little van for tomorrow as well.

Then for me - a 237 bus home - via Royston Vazey - to Stalybridge - damn - a wait for a train - Millstone "Station" before catching the 2141 home - to this - a quick whip through 125 pix (I don't go mad - probably still have a bit a "roll of film" mentality - a mate I know from Rochdale goes wild - 400+ every game - but he's getting paid for the good'uns mind !).

All in all though - a thoroughly belting day out - leaving me only to sort out tomorrow's tea (Mrs Smiffy returns) (slow cooker job therefore !!) early doors before alighting the 1134 train on the "Road to Wembley" - Mossley away at Woodley Sports in the FA Cup Preliminary Round (£1000 up for grabs !) at 1500 hours (being played at Cheadle Town FC due to the FA ban on artificial turf).

Watch this space.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the Dogs.Many thanks.You've got a good blogspot here.Rick Jean Greg The SportsMan HYDE-Goowon Hyde!