Sunday, September 16, 2007

Belper Town vs Causeway United (FA Cup)

Just got back to Mossley @ 1630 today, hence lack of any sort of update. Pix will be available - soon - at

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/mossleysmiffy/BelperCauseway/

soonish - and I rustle up some words to go with them - suffice to say a good weekend all round - Belper progress in the FA Cup and Mossley win at Rossendale.



OK - let's update the weekend....beginning at about 1615 in the "John Millington" in Cheadle Hulme on Friday when we all went out from work on a "bed wetting" celebration - right, it got called that a few times rather than the "wetting the baby's head" celebration that it actually was - pints/other stuff were duly drunk in celebration of the birth of Samuel James Tucker. I left the "young'uns" at about 2145 - the only way to ensure I got the last train (2300) back to Mossley - they all went on to the fleshpots of the Fab Caff in Manchester where reputations were "won and lost" until the early hours.


While that crew were still fast asleep/sobering up/groaning a lot, I was on my way down the A6 with Mrs Smiffy to visit the Mother-in-Laws and (for me) take in the Belper Town v Causeway United FA Cup tie. After arrival/ meets/greets, I trotted off to the George and Dragon (FunFair Brewery "SkyDiver" - £2-60 a pint - it's bloody pricey in the Amber Valley I can tell you) before arrival at ChristChurch Meadow(s). Time for a quick "Pedigree" and chat with Tim (Belper "Snapper") before I got "found out" by a goal within 30 seconds of the kick-off (Danny Toronczack) - me still faffing about with stuff !! Worse was to follow when Ross Hannah made it 2-0 - got the header but also some dozy Causeway number 2 very much in the foreground. A third goal from Anthony Wilson towards the end made it a fairly comfy victory for the Nailers. Realised then that I'd no idea how Mossley had gone on - my phone was in side pocket of the car because some bugger had rung me whilst driving down (and me being the "good guy" had passed said moby to Mrs Smiffy). A few after-match pints with Darlo, thence to Pistol and the Belper "top table", thence to "Riflemans" before returning to George Street - and falling asleep for an hour or two. Woke up in time for the Women's World Cup before giving up again.

Sunday saw a gentle eight-miler around Belper before returning to the Mossley fold late afternoon. By now I'd found out that Mossley had "trounced" Rossendale 2-1. A good weekend all round. By the way - here's a non-football photo from Sunday... eat your heart out Vincent Van Gogh (although I only got one flower - there's more bees !!!)..I give you a "rogue sunflower" at the bottom of George Street in Belper....





Monday's FA draw now sees Belper at home to Conference North's Hucknall Town - a possible scalp there ....Tuesday's night out will see me at Woodley Sports to watch the League Cup game against Curzon Ashton... yep, Woodley - again !!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayup me duck theres a cue ball about to land on yer yed

Anonymous said...

Good choice in match tonight. You love us really dont you :P

Mike Smith said...

Hmmm......Maybe "next" Tuesday @ Bower Fold !