Thursday, September 06, 2007

Didn't watch it but ......

ARSE !!

Yes I'm referring to the appearance of Stafford Rangers on the "Carlos Santana Channel" tonight against Halifax - a 2-1 lead which has turned into a 3-2 defeat. I remember watching them on TV - god - 10 years ago on some strange satellite channel - against Yeovil I think - a 0-0 draw was watched by me and me only in a pub in Stalybridge - everyone else was either drinking beer, knitting or watching the paint dry ...

I could go into the full-time/part-time argument - but then I'd start to sound like some kind of "Premiership Pundit" - perish the (highly paid) thought ...

I can go back to FA Cup 2nd Round in 1974 against Halifax Town when Halifax were League and "Boro" were Northern Premier - who remembers the Jimmy Sargeant "screamer" for the 2-1 win ??

I finish as I start...

ARSE !!

No comments: