Friday, August 08, 2008

Back Home ....

...they'll be thinking about us, de-dah-de-dah-de-dahhhh (England World Cup Squad 1970)

No - home from Wales- Wednesday weather OK - few spits and spots but nowt too bad - a long (OK 13 miles in the end) walk from Carrog to Llangollen and a couple of pints of Flintshire Bitter in the "Cotton Mill" (strange this - Facer's Brewery used to be based in Salford - moved "over the border" a couple of years ago) -very refreshing indeed.

Today it was Llandudno - and the weather was crap ! I left wife, m-i-l, 2 s-i-ls and 1 cousin to return to the mother country (work tomorrow - eek today !) - home about 8 - clear up bombsite (actually not that bad ...!) - hole in pavement outside house again - and it looks like this time United Utilities have connected to a different pipe (maybe the right one this time !!). Whatever - I got to have a go with some new software tonight - you've seen the Monday pix from the Curzon/Hyde game I guess - and seen my remark about "noisy" pictures - now see here...I downloaded a demo of NeatImage and within minutes "that picture" of Phil Edghill turned from this ....




to this ...




(Double-click on pix to see them in all their glory - the difference shows up so much more) Now that's neat ! Trouble is - tis only a demo, and I'm loathe to buy any new software etc until I can get off this goddam pc at home (that's been used and abused by the entire family since 2005) and onto "a machine of my own" - it's on the shopping list (and has Mrs Smiffy approval too !!)

Weekend football - I'll get round to thinking about it tomorrow (eek today) night - still got work to do (plus phoning United Utilities & Plumber - when this is all over - there WILL be a tale to tell - but not just yet)

No comments: