Saturday, August 30, 2008

Glossop NE vs Belper Town (FA Cup)

Yes I've been quiet since Bank Holiday Monday - possibly due to the lack of games to go to and the "return to work" syndrome that happens after a Bank Holiday weekend (which of course had a week's holiday preceding it !)

What can I say about the week - the "bad boys" were First Trans-Pennine who failed to run a single morning train for me "on time " this week - in fact Tuesday - first day back - the 0735 was 30 late so I ended up going to Victoria - arrive 0747 - and then run - yes run over to Piccadilly to get the 0803 (pointless waiting for a tram - you wait 6 mins and it takes 12) - and the next three days were a mix of "8 late", "10 late" and "7 late" - whatever - they'e all only in it for the money they don't give a toss about the customers (even the pre-recorded "sorry" messages are so ... unbeleievable ..)

However - we do the week to get to the weekend - and today we went not up the road to the Mossley 3 Ramsbottom 1 game - but off to Surrey Street to the Glossop take on my good friends from Belper - and by God, the "big boys" from the Unibond were given a mighty scare today, only sneaking a win in about the 93rd minute.

Good to see the "Belper Crew" both on and off the pitch (I'll be down there several times between now and Christmas I'm sure) - and of course the "Belper snapper" Tim - my mentor in the early days of DSLR (well it was his 'cast-off' camera wot I purchased !!!).

Here's Tim's pix

http://www.timharrisonphotography.com/NailersAction/GlsspH090809/album1.html

and here's my efforts

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/GlossopBelper/

So £1500 in the bag for Belper - and Mossley too - now need to check the already "pre-drawn" next round ....
.

No comments: