Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Great (bloody) British (bloody) Summer - Part 735

What an absolute arse !!! This is "the week" - Mrs Smiffy down at brothers in Looe, Cornshire (weather "glorious" this morning) - so it's get the footy in !! Celtic last Saturday, Ashton United last night - tonight was to be (wait for it) Oldham Town v Padiham...

The morning was spent - at home - waiting for plumbers to do their duty (they did) and "Financial Consultants" to consult - he did. Afternoon at work - then the weather went to r*tsh*t... I got the "snapper gear" - went to the station for the 1829 train - 10 late - it really started hammering it down - I thought "no" - "I don't want to go" - I rang the only contact number I had for Oldham Town - and got the immortal "beep-beep-beep" - this only confirmed my "sod it" mode - a few beers in the "Britannia" then home through the drizzle ... tomorrow is my "last chance" before Mrs Smiffy returns - Glossop NE v Alsager Town.....

... weather permitting ...
.

No comments: