Saturday, September 27, 2008

DragonForce & Turisas - 95 %

..now that WAS a good gig ... Turisas (last seen @ Dowmload 2007) - wonderful ..they even preceded the "Rasputin" cover with a little bit of Mary Hopkin (this - as old git - tempted to txt Mrs Smiffy - she guessed the toon - those were indeed the days..)

DF - well I seen 'em several times - my "perfick gig" for them was always Manc Academy in December 2006 - well after many other disappointments - Leeds - Download - MEN Arena - tonight was GOOOD - my only grouse would have to be "They didn't play 'Inside the Winter Storm' off the new album" - but hey - "Last Journey Home" - my second fave from "Ultra Beatdown" was an absolute classic - really well done .. in fact everything was good tonight - no sound probs - no apparent "can't be arsed" probs - it all went very very well.

(I did have a spare tkt - apparently they were going for £40 - and I was ofered £10 by a tout - thieving barstewards !! My tkt (via the secretary of Salford Uni Rock Club) went to a fresher from Salford Uni - at cost, viz £14 - something else that should be on my CV come the "going to heaven" moment.

I've got about 280 pix from tonight - all on BabyFuji - I took the Babycam tonight most will be crap no doubt - we'll see what comes out later in the week.
.

No comments: