Monday, September 29, 2008

Stabbings, FA Cup, Spreadsheets - a "Monday Mixture"

Well we've sorted our alibis out - on our return to Mossley on Saturday night after the victory @ Kendal we "offed" the train and "into'd" the Commercial - later to become famous on this link ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7640339.stm

Yep Mossley on the beeb - we all left the pub about one hour before it all "kicked off" - our Michelle - coming back from Stoke via a drink with a mate in Manc and catching the "last one home" - saw the ambulances/polizei etc etc.

Naturally in a small town like Mossley names are already "out" - natch can't say on here mind .... here's one story that should run nationally for a bit anyway -especially with the "ethnic slant" - I can say no more ..

Enough of that - football - as in the FA Cup - Droylsden get Gateshead/Witton @ home - Stalybridge get Durham City @ home - and for me Mossley get a really sh*t draw as in Curzon Ashton away - there are many who are happy with this - if I was to be honest, if we play like we played at Kendal, we'll stuff 'em but ... it's not what I would have wished for !

Still it's local (especially as I've an appointment at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manc on that same Saturday eve !!) - I wanted Winterton/Newky Benfield @ home me - get the weakest team at home - Belper Town in the 4th Qualifying can wait !!!!!


And finally for now - a Monday @ work rant - spreadsheets - I hate them with venom/vengeance/and worse - I firmly believe they are the reason for so much sh*t on the world today - I reckon Lehmann Bros / Northern Rock / Bradford and Bungley probably based everything on bloody Excel spreadsheets - the reason I hate spreadsheets ??? You can "fiddle the figures" - for several years I've reckoned my glorious employers have been held together by "four way plugs and spreadsheets" - the number of times I've been asked - "can you export that data into a spreadsheet ?" - and seeing the sh*t that our place is in vis-a-vis Contract overruns/overspends/general f*ck-ups - I know why - bloody spreadsheets .... and p*ss-poor management to allow such stuff to go on ...but then again I'm only a lowly scummer who loves databases - our databases - because they're secure - and you can't "fiddle the figs" - cus I won't let you - but when some Manager says "export to spreadsheet" ....

No train stories - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

Damn nearly forgot - Mossley have a friendly tomorrow evening agin Rochdale Town (as in the artist formerly known as Castleton Gabriels) - KO @ 2000 ....this IS the only local footy this week ...
.

No comments: