Monday, September 15, 2008

Stalybridge Buffet Bar - the Conservatory

You may not be aware - but the "conservatory" on the end of Stalybridge Buffet Bar (original from 1885 I believe) is being "refurbished" in time-honoured fashion viz knocked down completely to be rebuilt exactly the same, but without the leaky roof, rotten wood, ill-fitting windows etc....What I thought I'd do is keep a bit of a pictorial of it .... so have a look at

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/mossleysmiffy/BuffetBarConservatory/

I'll add to it with other pix as other stuff happens - suitably dated of course ....

Staying with Buffet Bar business - it was a great shock to receive a text message on Friday evening whilst on my way up to Hawes/Askrigg to be told that Sean (Buffet Bar regular) had been found dead at home - talking tonight (Monday) - it appears to have been a heart attack - he was only 44 ... he will be sadly missed.
.

No comments: