Sunday, December 14, 2008

Anyone see any football this weekend ?

..because I didn't ! The trip to Belper for the "family party" took a turn for the worse when - on arrival in the town - I spotted no board up on The Triangle outside the ground - two phone calls later and it was confirmed as "off" - the Belper faithful suggested I join them on their trip up to ........ Glossop v AFC Kirkham, Wesham,Fylde etc (Glossop - where I'd been not 90 minutes before !!). That option was vetoed - I rang Ilkeston - off ... "Sod it !" thought I .... got a txt at 1459 to inform me that the Mossley game at home to Wakefield was off (and by the looks of the crowds at Glossop - 200, and Curzon Ashton v Chorley - 170, it looks like a good few neutrals were eschewing the chance to go Christmas shopping, plunder Woolies, fix that "whatever" etc). Too late did I find out about the Eastwood v Buxton option (that was when I was driving down to Derby Station to pick up daughter - at 1625 !)... you get days like this....fortunately as rare as a ...

Next week - Mossley at Chorley on Tuesday night - but I've got a Christmas do (also knocks any chance of a bit of glory-hunting down Droylsden way out of the window )! It looks like I'll be turning up at Surrey Street on Wednesday night for the Glossop v Graham St Prims (Derbyshire Senior Cup tie - that thing Belper won last year !) ...

New railway timetable started today - I see Virgin are getting all the (good) publicity on the news tonight - let's see what Northern Rail/First Trans-Pennine can do tomorrow to return us all to SNAFU ....
.

No comments: