Monday, July 12, 2010

Eight Days On ...

... must be a record for me (excluding holidays with no internet) - no real excuse either. The World Cup is over, and I'm still in work. No friendlies attended yet - in fact the first two Mossley home friendlies are on Wednesdays (i.e. my college night) so that's two more to miss ! Anyway, given the changes in my circumstances, this coming season will probably see a more "restrained" view of football - OK so I'm back in work, but obviously earning nowhere near as much salary-wise ... and it's goiing to take a while for the bank balance to settle down (I think I mentioned that the first week's wage put it into credit - 24 hours later, out went a D/D - back in the red again !!).

What else of note - the patio project carries on relentlessly - but obviously with restricted hours available to it - here's the latest:




Next jobbies - get the bloody thing properly pointed, build the final retaining wall on the right to stop it all falling away - and then paint the breeze blocks (a colour of masonry paint called "hot brick" is the colour of choice !) - also tidy up ye olde sinke and the prospective flower bed (bottom right). Mrs Smiffy is the 'plantmeister' and will fill all the gaps accordingly.

Had a day off work today - and messed about a bit. Got a battery for my watch (save me scrabbling for the phone to check the time when filling in the P739's and the recorded/special deliveries) - new bus pass bought - and also a quick (!) trip into Oldham for a second walk around my new walk just to get my bearings. I shadowed the guy last Friday, but he's one of the guys who does his walk with the aid of a car, whereas I'll be doing it the 'old fashioned way'.

I'm sure there'll be some football to talk about soon ... bear with me ...
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

?as a regular but anonymous visitor (you probably know the face not the name) I must just say that I take the gap in updates as a positive. I think this site is great but I understand that other things come first and I'm pleased to bits that the job situation has worked out - no pun intended!

Trotsky said...

I trust that in true posty style you are leaving a trail of red rubber bands in your wake so you can find your way home again?

Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading mikes day to day ramblings, life is so boring now your working lol

dydo

Mike Smith said...

Never mind - looks like there's some serious action occuring on the Mossley Message Board ..... hmmmm ...

(and NO - I pick up the laccy bands because I was told that people are forever writing to the Oldham Chronicle complaining about same ...)