Sunday, July 18, 2010

Still no Football ...

... yet !

Looks like some of the local teams got under way yesterday - Mossley had a "behind closed doors" match against Springhead (won 4-0); Hyde lost 2-0 to a Man City XI; Stalybridge Celtic lost 2-1 at Congleton; Glossop North End had a re-run of the 2009 FA Vase final up at Whitley Bay (lost 1-0) - they also drew 2-2 with Curzon Ashton earlier in the week as well. Also my snapper mate Tim dusted the cobwebs off his lens with Belper Town drawing 1-1 at Parkhouse (apologies if I've missed any out - not yet had a thorough look through either the message boards or the "Non-League Paper")

Well - that's one week "out on my own" under my belt at work - went pretty well up until yesterday, when I'd (rashly ?) promised to do a bit of O/T (an extra half of a walk) ... and it hammered it down with rain several times ... and I didn't get home until nearly 1700 hrs ! All part of the learning process I guess. Quick change and off to Rochdale for a barbecue - naturally the weather had improved so the burgers and sausages stayed dry. Today - more cr*p weather, so a walk was called off, and we ended up going to a small art gallery on Platform 1 at Todmorden Station - well it's different ...

Pasta Bolognese is calling tonight - will start prepping that about 1800 - work shirts already ironed - and back in tomorrow praying for better weather. Day off this week is Tuesday (and some weather forecasts predict a scorcher - I'll believe it when I see it), so hopefully some further progress on the patio project (pointing, pointing pointing will probably be the order of the day). Mossley are at home on Wednesday night (i.e. college night), but I might just get to see the last 15/20 minutes ... and I will take my camera to college just in case - prepare for some rusty football photography !
.

No comments: