Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mossley v Curzon Ashton

Michael Thomas - and brother "John" !!!

... Wednesday football ? Normally reserved for the TV but - hey ...


Wednesday was also first day back at work as well - it's been many many years since I've worked between Christmas and New Year, but I have to admit it wasn't too painful (even managed some afternoon o/t to match the early morning o/t as well). Have to admit ... it was GREAT to see tarmac again - doesn't half speed up the walking process - and the temperature was positively tropical as well (OK - about 4 degrees C, but it's all relative).

Anyway - home to find the game had been called on - so ... I went ... I'd have settled for a draw before 1945 hrs - a touch disappointed in the end as there were a couple or three chances in the first half for Mossley to go 2-0 up - never mind. Curzon put on a much better show after the break - not sure about the penalty (wrong end me !) but I reckon a 1-1 draw was a fair result in the end. A bit of a damp/drizzly night (he said getting the excuses in quickly) and the pictures aren't that brilliant I'm afraid but - hey ...

Mossley 1 Curzon Ashton 1

Thre tropical weather continues (should be wearing my RM shorts really !!!) but with Mossley playing at Woodley Sports on Saturday - it doesn't really matter anyway. Crammed some more o/t in today - and refused all offers for tomorrow. Mother-in-Law is arriving tomorrow afternoon (Mrs SmiffyTaxi has gone down to Belper today) - and we're all off to Bolton Octagon Theatre tomorrow night for a performance of "David Copperfield" before seeing in the New Year in our back yard no doubt (will probably have another futile effort of trying to get photos of the 0000hrs fireworks - never got it right yet !!).

I will be honest though - last two days have still seen Christmas Cards appearing "in the mix" - but if anyone asks, I refer them to that well-known tune "The 12 Days of Christmas" ...
.

No comments: