Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Lancashire Constabulary Revenue Generation Department



Caution - b*st*rd at "work" ...

... from the above title, I guess a good many people can guess what follows ... yes, on the way to the Sunday Walk a couple of weeks ago, it seems I got "hit" by a mobile speed trap - you know those things that actually raise money rather than actually solving real crime. Can't argue with time and place - a quiet uphill road out of Bacup with next to no traffic on it early Sunday morning - yes I was obviously a REAL danger to society - and must be punished as such.

So - many thanks to Lancashire Constabulary for p*ssing me off big style - I will of course be making preparations to firebomb their HQ in Blackburn (and I'm Spartacus) - considering the Bacup department have probably had bugger all to do since the Sophie Lancaster case (and even that solution was handed to them on a plate) - it's good to know they're keeping their hand in on the cheap and easy options ... beats hard work dunnit ??

... and please don't think I'm being facetious or off-hand with my mentioning Sophie Lancaster - regular readers of this blog will know my feelings on this - as in here and here - in fact a book has been published
recently about the whole horrible episode - it's just the complete pointlesssness of a mobile speed camera literally "in the middle of nowhere" on a Sunday morning that really hacks me off (and if you've ever driven between Whitworth and Bacup you'll know just how many fixed speed cams there are on such a short section of road) - just proof that it's nothing more than a revenue generation exercise - road safety - b*ll*cks - I trust the police involved are really proud of the work that they are doing - to make this country a safer place to live in ...


.

No comments: