Friday, April 15, 2011

An "Interesting" Fortnight ...



a typical Spanish "gachas" !!

... comes to a close tomorrow. Work-wise, I've been "loaned out" from my normal place of work to a neighbouring office (which is actually closer to home). It had its "upsides" ... the first week I was finishing about 5 minutes walk from my front door; I kept "bumping into people"; I had a rough idea where I was going (!!). Second (this) week was similar ("bumping into Ashton United fans"; managed to organise a "sign for" for an empty house (due to the addressee's wife being a workmate of Mrs Smiffy !!) and similar 'local' stuff like that). "Downsides" however - said office doesn't seem as well "organised" as my usual abode (spoiled maybe ?); the walks are not as 'even' - in fact some of the walks are a helluva lot longer (I was told they're 'outside specification' - an interesting phrase if ever I've heard one !) so I've been 'going over' most days (and claiming the O/T !); certainly some work needs doing/sorting out here ... so when I got a letter telling me "same again next week", I jokingly texted my (official workplace) line manager asking what I'd done wrong and asking when I'd be considered for parole ... to be then told I'm back at my 'normal' place of work come Monday (although it appears NOT doing my 'normal' walk - QED). So - one more day to go (apparently) - and it'll be interesting to see what time I finish tomorrow vis-a-vis getting some football in (as in Curzon Ashton v Durham City).

Meanwhile ... Mrs Smiffy out - in the company of Rory Gallagher (in the MP3 sense), I've just rustled myself up some chicken and chorizo in a mushroom, tomato, garlic, onion and red wine "mush" (a good Spanish word here is "gachas" - gruel, slop !!!) - think I'll go and watch a DVD now (times like this when I whip out one from the 'football' shelf - maybe the Droylsden v Stafford Rangers Conference North Play-Off Final from May 2006 - topical insofar as Droylsden are visiting Stafford tomorrow - and guess who need the points most !) ...


(Still umming and aaahing about work offer from "that place" - although with working 6 days a week at the moment - and next week having a Bank Holiday - when could I fit it in ??).

... adiĆ³s ...

No comments: