Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Words ...

Again ... little in the way of football (anything I get, I'm sticking on the "main website") - although I could - dammit I WILL - mention Mossley's entry into the "Prawn Sandwich Club" - for the friendly against Macc Town (15th July @ 1930) ... for £20 you get a 3-course meal, drinks, stand seat, proggy ... a great idea to try and get some new faces into the crowd.

What else ... Monday saw the first anniversary of my "new career" - and I've lasted a lot longer than many who joined AFTER me - these youngsters just can't hack it - something to do with having to WORK for your money !! This week in Ashton - a bit of a pain in that there's NO keys for pouch boxes ... which means a fair bit of dead walking to pick up bags and get to start points ... but hey ...whatever ...

Wimbledon - tried desperately to try and get pictures of Sabine Lisicki and Alice Tinker (from "Vicar of Dibley") - cus I reckoned they were good look-a-likes - but I failed, so maybe it was just in my head - at least there's still one "British hope" left (he remains British until he loses - then he reverts to "Scottish" !!) ...




Picture taken with VERY OLD babycam in Dublin (Temple Bar) way back in 2006 ...

Have just spent an hour listening to a Fathers Day pressie (DVD of Rory Gallagher Live at Cork Opera House) - excellent DVD indeed (thanks Mich !!). It got me thinking though - it was recorded in 1987 ... I first saw Rory Gallagher at Reading Festival in 1973, along with such delights as Alex Harvey, Greenslade, The Faces, Genesis, George Melly and Strider (one WELL underrated band - still got their album "Misunderstood" - on vinyl of course !) - timeless music indeed (unlike most of the cr*p churned out these days ...). A gig to look forward to - John Butler Trio @ Manchester Academy early next month ...

Football's coming - don't give up on me yet ...
.

No comments: