Saturday, December 08, 2012

This Could Be a Long One ...

...starting at 1930hrs ... expect me to go into draft mode as  I go along - hence timings ..

Where shall we start - well theoretically (?) it's a footy blog so start there - Mossley v Cammell Laird - OFF; Ashton United v Frickley Colliery/Athletic - OFF.  Suppose I could have gone to watch Droylsden (lost 2-1 to Bishops Stortford) or Hyde FC (who came back from a 0-1 reverse at half-time to beat AFC Telford 2-1).  Two places I couldn't have made were Garforth Town (who lost 6-1 to Curzon Ashton) or Solihull Moors (who beat Stalybridge Celtic 1-0) - I WILL check out the "details" from all above games later ......

However ... I didn't finish work until 1420hrs - thanks to "having the motor" I got home for 1430hrs so that Mrs Smiffy could slope off to Belper (who incidentally got a 1-1 draw at home to Brigg Town) ... and I just sat down - football was the last thing on my mind - I was absolutely knackered.  I've been out since for a couple of beers, but my legs/hips are not in the greatest shape at the moment ...

....yep - it's work - it's called "Christmas Pressure" - and it's effing hard work !! This week has seen 0630 starts - and as the weeks went on 1600/1630 hrs finishes due the the sheer volume of stuff - notwithstanding the weather - we've seen rain/hail/sleet/snow flurries plus the icy pavements/paths/driveways ... on top of the madness that is called "packets" - they've gone through the roof this week - if only peeps ordered DVDs (nice, slim, fit through most letterboxes) .. but they don't they order silly sized stuff that we walkmen have to carry out with us (because the whole "size" issue has changed over the years- what used to be a 'van size packet' now has to be taken out by the walkers - believe it or not the phrase "shoe box size" is pretty much the norm - so you don't need many to fill the sack !!!

2230hrs update - just took some time out to watch a bit of BBC IPlayer - AC/DC Live at River Plate 2009 which was on BBC4 last night apparently - that looked like one helluva gig !!! And there's still time for me to stick the full DVD on my Christmas list !!

.
 

No comments: