Saturday, September 23, 2006

Blair vs Guiseley

Tomorrow should be busy - "Blair Out, Troops Out" in Manchester, followed by Mossley vs Guiseley. Problem being lack of trains between Mossley and Manchester Victoria due to engineering works - a government plot if ever I saw one !

We'll manage though - we always do - and if I turn up 20 minutes in and Mossley are three up - hey ho.

Camera's at the ready for goals, more goals and police brutality - not necessarily in that order.

Plus I've been to the theatre tonight to see "Mary Barton"(yes Smiffy does do culture !) - set in the 1840s when the rich mill owners used to sh*t on the impoverished - and the impoverished used to die through hunger and disease. Furthermore I also obtained (from Jonald at work) a copy of "Grave of the Fireflies" - a Japanese Studio Ghibli animated cartoon which apparently is up there with "Schindlers List" as a classic anti-war film - I'm a great anime fan - "Spirited Away", "Howls Moving Castle", "Princess Mononoke" etc - but this will be the first non-Miyazaki for me - I shall be watching it on my own I feel - probably with a large box of tissues.

(Same DVD also contains "Kiki's Delivery Service" - a Miyazaki that I've not yet seen).

Remember - there;'s more to life than football ..................

No comments: