Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday Night is ....

...probably more "eurotrash" on satellite (and Five) - I've given it a miss.

have to admit though I've seen a bit of so-called "big football" this week. With Mrs Smiffy being at her wedding over the weekend, I slipped out and saw the first half of the West Ham v Aston Villa game on Sunday afternoon - and Martin O'Neil seems to be doing good work at the Villa -very tidy football front and back - and they were winning when I left !

Monday and Wednesday (now skool's back) sees me taking youngest lad (see hair earlier !) to his ju-jitsu lessons - so I tend to "wait" for him in the "Railway" pub in Greenfield - so this week I saw both sides of Manchester. City didn't look all bad on Monday - they just don't know how to score goals ! Plus it was a bit like a funeral parlour - and that was WITH the City fans in there (eternal pessimists all !!). Wednesday's game between United was much more open - 2-2 when I left with two crackers from Celtic and one dodgy pen and one lucky break for United.

It certainly makes you realise that you have taken the correct route in life, i.e. Non-League - plus I suppose that when your first ever football game was whilst in your pushchair with Grandad at Stafford Rangers in the late 1950's - it does help to mould the future I'm sure..

Saturday's a-coming - I'm erring towards Guiseley v Mossley in the FA Cup 1st Qual - even though I'm probably "persona non grata" with the Mossley Management after speaking my mind on their message board this week (fall-out from the Matlock game on Tuesday).

Think "Tony Blair and Cabinet" - or "George Bush" - you should get the idea ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi its kev from Ashton Unt noticed you liked Hillage saw him 30 odd years ago and he blew my mind