Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Virtual Football - Part II

Tonight Mossley played away at AFC Telford United - and I managed to "watch" most of the second half courtesy of BBC Radio Shropshire who did a live commentary - had to fanny around loading Real Player onto the pc first though. I hate Real Player - it all but killed my old Win98 machine by cocking up Windows Media Player big style - fingers crossed with the new fangled XP model !

Apparently Mossley had one disallowed in the first half - and Telford hit the woodwork at least once - final score was 0-0 and Telford management were not best pleased with that in the post-match interview ..Mossley were though I'm sure. It was quite exciting to listen to however (all hail broadband with no "buffering" etc) - and a big up to the commentators as well - good to hear that sort of quality "on the radio" (they are BBC employees after all !!).

Got a phone call from Dydo - who went - shortly after the match finished - seemed to think we were lucky but - hey - after the Ashton/Telford game I saw a few weeks ago I was worrying (Immodium/clenched buttocks etc) - so a point away by a so-called "mid-table team" (BBC commentator not me) is certainly a point gained rather than two lost.

Now do I go to Hyde/Gainsborough on Saturday or North Ferriby/Mossley on Saturday ?? Watch this space ..

No comments: