Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ever Been Sh*t Upon ??

No football tonight - believe the "gangly youth" did the biz against Macedonia (didn't even watch the highlights). Anyroad up it's "get it off your chest" time.

Seven year ago ago my oppo at work was offered the chance to forgo overtime for a several thousand pound uplift on his salary - I wasn't offered the same deal. Since then all overtime in our department has been revoked (I'd have had to have worked 15 hours o/t a week to get the same money anyway) and since then "accross the board" pay increases has seen me fall even further behind - I reckon 20% by now.

This year at job appraisal time I finally spoke up - result as follows - "there's a lot of staff with similar disparities" - the offer now is - paid overtime - wow !

I'm not the happiest chappie in the Smiffy household - although our "homeless lodger" Daffy (he's been "dossing" with us for a couple of months) came home tonight at 2245 after his first day in his new job - and thanks to Mrs Smiffy (who's had the time over skool hols) he is up for accomodation through a local housing association - should here by the end of this week. I'm sure we'll get our reward in heaven for our work to get Daffy sorted - but for myself I want (deserved) stuff in my pay packet on the 15th !!

God knows why I'm throwing this out on the net - I'm really pissed off about the whole thing - reckon it's time to go through the official "grievance procedure" - I am in the union (AMICUS) after all.

If you want to work for Simon Carves in Cheadle Hulme - come in as an agency guy - your hourly rate will be at least three times what a staff member gets - and you will be treated like royalty.

It's just the staff who get sh*t upon.

I need a proper football break - you don't need to read this sort of stuff - roll on the weekend...one more can before bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you got something more than "You know where the door is"

Mike Smith said...

Good shout Anon - but when you've worked for a company for 21 years - you expect more - or maybe I'm the "old school" and things in the HR department are a little different these days...

Anonymous said...

nosmo here i have lost double time for weekend overtime. hours down to 37.5 from 39.i reckon i will be £1200 a year down . agenda for change you can stuff it up your arse mr blair