Saturday, February 23, 2008

Peatbog Faeries @ Buxton Opera House

Belting night out - first time I've done Buxton Opera House - a very smart venue in the "olde worlde" sort of way. Handy boozer across the road - which allowed pre-ordering of "interval drinks" - we like that - my Orange and Passion Fruit J2O was there and waiting (yes tonight I was "Des").


To the gig - excellent performance - some songs we knew and some were new (so I did buy a copy of "What Men Deserve to Lose" at half-time !!). Not sure that a seated venue was totally conducive to the performance we got though - even though it is a nice place. Sitting in Row "N" with the circle above and in front meant that pictures from Baby Fuji are pretty grim. I offer up three ...









Mr Morrison (Pipes and Whistles) told some good anecdotes as well (esp. the "Locks and Rocks" tale !!) - and Adam the fiddle player may well be 30 years old next year but the hair cut makes him look about 12 according to Mrs Smiffy !






...and also 60 seconds of silent film - which - after the DragonForce gig at the MEN - I've noticed seems to come out a lot better than the stills - all that's missing is some bloomin sound !!!





So - a good night out - tomorrow (eek today) sees the "Public Transport Tour" to Bradford Park Avenue vs Mossley - and for me home via Rochdale - so no pix and stuff on Saturday evening I'm afraid. Furthermore I don't seem to be able to get on the new Bradford PA Message Board - it's not them it's this bloody computer I'm sure - that's why I can't get on FCUMs Message Board or the Soul of North Staffordshire website - looks like "Internet Options" need tweaking (or anti-sh*t programs need "calming down" !!). I'm all "signed up" and ready to go mind (via works pc - got a new 22" Widescreen monitor today - whoo - rather have a pay rise though !)

Let's see what a new Manager can do for them anyway - shame about Benny Phillips - a thoroughly nice chap...


..and don't forget - Roadhouse in Manchester tonight....

No comments: