Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday 10th February 2008

An important day for many people today - I freely admit that my view on things is/was not that intense - but I was happy to go with the flow as they say. Anyway, my day started a lot earlier than 1330 - in the absence of Mrs Smiffy - and looking out of the bedroom Velux to see blue skies - I wandered off "down the canal", taking with me a 170-500mm lens that Steve at work has given me on "long-term loan" (he's got a 400mm prime - so he never uses it !!) - first time I've had a real play with it - and I give you - three pix from the walk .....















Strangely enough, my walk up the canal meant that I arrived in Greenfield at about 1159 - so it was only right that I popped into the "Railway" for a late liquid brekkie - unfortunately with Sunday trains being two hourly, I then had to stay and watch "the match" - and I have to admit - my sympathies since moving to this neck of the woods all those years ago have always been with the "blue" side of town - and a thoroughly deserved win it was if I may "neutrally" say so - caught the 1530 back to Mossley to be greeted with .....






Yep - the game is over - the ambulance service "get to work" ........aren't we a wonderful race of people ??


A quickie in the "Brit" - which was a damn site busier than the "Railway" - before wandering home to play with pix and stuff - watched "28 Weeks Later" this evening - thank God the Yanks are on our side (hopefully you've all spotted the irony there !!).


What I will leave you with this evening - apart from the promise of a footy-related thread tomorrow night (as in Hyde United v Ashton United) - is something that "hit" me this afternoon when Ronaldo made one of his many forays "to the ground" - I think the commentator must have said some of the words - but I whipped out me pen - and after a bit of time - came up with this.......


"Bloody Refs" - by Smiffy - 10 Feb 2008


A tangle of legs
The player goes down
"Penalty !" was the shout
From around the ground
But NO ....
"Play on" was the cry
From the 'man in black'
As the 'lucky' defender
Turned defence into attack
The Sky TV pundits
Saw it every which way
"No foul" was the verdict
After multiple replay.
So the game carried on
With much shouting and screaming
"Bloody Ref" is the mantra
Whatever your leaning .........

Here endeth the posh stuff !!!

No comments: