Monday, February 25, 2008

Start the Week with a .... (Non-Football)

..right pile of "stuff"...when train number one (@ 0724) leaves early (on it fortunately) - train two (@0735) leaves 8 minutes later - meaning 0758 missed. Then you get to Man Picc, run like stink to get the 0803 - and then the driver gets out shouting "Have you got the number for maintenance ?" - we left 10 late.

Naturally we had big/interesting/important stuff to do at work today involving Oracle databases (they call me the "Oracle DBA" - but I ain't qualified and I certainly DON'T get the going rate !). But when there's two on holiday and two don't turn up until after 0900 - you're covering for other stuff as well as your own ... I finally get to "my jobbie" - deleting users and starting the import at 0945.....it's still running at 1630 (i.e. hometime) - so I wait until done - run the seven sql routines required to get the db in a working state - e-mail Dortmund for a new licence and p*ss off homearound 1845. Got to see a bit of the Man City game on the way home as well (yes I did say non-football at the start - having seen the final score I now feel strangely justified).

The othe real p*sser was yesterday's walk - in the Entwistle area (yeah while Blackburn and Bolton were "on the pitch", we were somewhere between Blackburn and Bolton !) - wandering down the river near Edgworth - the whisper came .... "A kingfisher" - my (anguished) whisper was "B*ll*cks - wrong lens !"

Hence this "blurry crop" ....
When I get this new shoulder bag - I'll be able to carry a few more of these lens-type things around - and then maybe ... just maybe ...
Meanwhile - back to work in the morning - see if the new licence makes everything work - get the mithering users off my back - and think about football - another blanky-sort of week though really(at a pinch there's Cheadle Town at home on Wednesday v Norton United in the NWCFL - handy from work - but a bugger to get home from via the public transport ..

No comments: