Friday, October 03, 2008

TGI bloody F ...

What a week - where do you start ... death - Neil @ Woodley, obit for Sean from Stalybridge was in the paper this week - and I also learned that Leek Town had lost a big fan in August - Paul Smith - there's a really lovely and very moving tribute to this guy on youtube from his daughter Kelly - see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVQ1d2b7ABM

All the above pales the rest of my week into "bleurrrrgh" really - I've had serious sh*t with Sun hardware, Unix operating system and Oracle database this week - at 1600 today we thought we'd sorted it all - at 1630 we realised all was still "not well" - something for Monday by then - I was thirsty (even though it was Friday !) - and we'd all had enough this week - you sort the disks - you sort the corrupt files -and then just when you think youve ....... grrrrr

Football - tomorrow - well it should be Mossley v Stocksbridge Park Steels in the FA Trophy - but having seen the weather this week - and not having seen the weather forecasts for tonight/tomorrow ... back to "bleurrrrgh" I guess - obviously there are other options (first would be Stalybridge v Redditch United - yes the team that got stuffed by Belper Town last Saturday !!).

Also doing a photo favour tomorrow lunchtime for a mate at Stalybridge Buffet Bar - now need to "gen up" on the tricks of the trade for taking "team photos" - and having seen this link this week on the Belper board - I'd best be on my guard, although I believe I'm doing the youngsters ... and just offering my services all of a sudden became a bit of a minefield - with Mrs Smiffy working in education with youngsters all the "legal this that and t'other" came to the surface - thankfully all cleared up - you read all this stuff about school nativities and parents with video cameras - so much needs to be taken into account these days - sad but true I guess ...

What else this week - I'd thought about doing something about overcrowding on trains - took some pics with babycam, but they weren't brill - just take it as read - cattle trucks (sorry "standard class") morning and night peak....

Mrs Smiffy out tonight with sister (just passing through) so I get the chance to use .... the record player which is just behind this pc !!! I'm onto my second Steve Hillage album as we speak ("Motivation Radio" - done .... "Open" part way through side 1) - isn't it quaint - "sides" seem so short and you have to physically do stuff like lift arm, flip disk, put arm back on - those were the days - and still will be in this house with the amount of vinyl we've got !!

Must go - time to put side 2 on ...!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know if you know the Belper cup match with Reddich is on the itv local website

Mike Smith said...

Indeed I do - don't know what Stalybridge will glean from it tho ...