Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Welcome to Manchester ... !!

....having just about dried out body/coat/camera stuff from last night - we present some semi-interesting "stuff" from the babycam.

Trains into Manchester were late on Monday morning (now there's a surprise - Northern Rail - usual bag of sh*te) - this gave me time to nip out of Picc station and go to Greggs for a cheap coffee (a 50 yard walk can save 50/60p from the rip-off franchises on the station !). Got coffee, stood outside station to get some passive baccy and took this photo - now remember - Monday @ about 0810...



Today - the trains from Cheadle Hulme helped me miss my connection to Stalybridge - thus giving me a bit of time @ Man Piccadilly .. so naturally I go to "have a peep" - and take matching picture - not quite from the same place (someone was stood there smoking !) ..but you'll get the picture ... so this is Wednesday @ 1700 ...



Yep it's almost like one of those "Spot the Difference" games - no doubt Network Rail will blame the tenants of said building (one "Edge Hill University" I believe - used to be NHS) - but I DID spot a fag butt cleaner on Monday doing everything but this bit .... I will - if trains etc are late later in week - have another look - in fact tomorrow (Thursday) I have a dentist appointment local to home at 1600 - so I should be in Picc around lunchtime - I'll bring you more !!!! Truly a fine advertisement for the country's "Second City" - must check out the fag corner at Manky Airport !!

Meantime - a music "aside" - brings you this ...




... yes the Todd tickets have arrived as has the Airbourne album !! So it's Todd Rundgren @ Academy with our Michelle on Thursday 6 Nov 08 (I buy tix); Friday 07 Nov 08 sees "Antigone" by Sophocles @ Royal Exchange Theatre with Mrs Smiffy (we buy tix); and Saturday 08 Nov 08 is Airbourne @ Academy for me and Michelle (Michelle buys tix) - not forgetting Mossley away @ Trafford on the Saturday afternoon (and I bet we go walking on Sunday 09 Nov 08 ) - now that's what I call 96 hours !!!

And finally - for those following the Sun/Solaris/Oracle debacle - we've just about cracked it - after 9 days - naturally it's all my fault - I once opened a Unix book therefore I am the company expert - I went on an "Oracle for Dummies" course - therefore I am referred to as the company's Oracle DBA (see my salary - half the going rate at least !!) - then again when you're with a company that's more concerned with getting Blackberrys,"super laptops" and other toys for the boys/girls (viz.senior management) rather than spending time/money/training etc on supposed "core systems" - what do you expect ...
.

No comments: