Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's a "No-Midweek Football Week"- Tuesday

... mmm ... well ... sunset over Cheadle Hulme station this evening anyone ??? (remember - tis only BabyCam)



... and look what came in the post today - here's mine ...and yes I DID sign it before splitting it and putting into envelopes A and B !!!



... and all ready to post in the morning .....



Tell you one thing - what with this and the apparent "resignation" of Tameside supremo Janet Callender, I headed for the Tameside Eye blog - however it seems pointless linking to it as it is now an "invited blog" only, and I don't appear to be on the list - so what's the point of that then - all sounds as suspicious as the goings-on in that big building in Ashton-under-Lyne - yes I've got rumours/hints about Ms Callender - but they're for "invited people" only as well - so nerrr to you too !!

Football tonight - best gloss over Hyde's result at Hednesford in the FA Trophy replay - I see Scott Partridge got a hat-trick for Sheffield FC in their 5-2 win over North Ferriby - to read about his earlier career, I'd recommend reading "Left Foot in the Grave" by Garry Nelson (his time as Torquay "manager") - the follow-up book to "Left Foot Forward" (Nelson's swansong as a Charlton player) - two very very good books - as a non-league chappie I enjoyed the Torquay experience a touch more - there was less money floating around ... my one possible crazy option for a game tonight (which would have involved NO beer and a drive) was thankfully called off - Buxton v Matlock Town appeared to be suffering from a frozen pitch (!) - no doubt there was "Eurotrash" tonight - I ate food, watched "Survivors" - then "Never Mind the Buzzcocks" then this ....

Don't forget - Vote YES - think about people other than yourself - about your children for example (if you've got any !) - think about the bigger picture - I guarantee we WON'T get £3 billion of improvements - extraneous sh*t will gobble up at least 40% of that - but think about Greater Manchester - don't get parochial - because that's when the "six finger" insults start to fly around .... it's a question of "What's in it for ALL OF US" not "What's in it for ME" - and if you're thinking the latter way - the "Thatcher disease" is obviously still alive and kicking after all these years ....

(Please note that the views of http://sixtamesides.blogspot.com are the views of Smiffy and Smiffy only - you do what you bloody well want - but please ensure that you can spell the word "consequences" and the phrase "long-term" - and if you don't live in Greater Manchester - tough !!)
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Smiffy, sorry I am the only invited person on the blog. It isn't a case of "well you ain't on the list" - I am not like that at all. After the trouble the arrest caused, I decided to have a blogging break.

I am reading the Tameside Mafia Blog and the No Mottram Bypass blog to keep up-to-date on all the political goings on.

Send me an email at liam.billington@me.com and I will send over some info on the resignation.