Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's a "No-Midweek Football Week"- Wednesday - Part 1

... and what does the midweek bring ??? I'll tell ya - after all my "pro-wobblings" last night about the Congestion Charge Referendum ......

... I leave house at 0715 - the 0724 train is 4 minutes late .... it's bloody full when we leave Mossley - so full in fact that when we arrive at Stalybridge the guard opens "half a door" to let us "changelings" out before deciding how many to let on ...

... the 0735 to Man Picc is 7 minutes late - we then crawl down to ManPicc arriving at about 0803 - i.e. time for me to miss my 0758 or 0803 trains to Cheadle Hulme ...

... no worries - there's one at 0832 - so I wander off to Greggs for a (cheap) coffee ..

... I return to see 0832 train is ..... CANCELLED ............... next one to Cheadle Hulme is 0851 !

Arrive work about 0910 - nearly two hours after leaving Mossley....

Instant Karma / Bites y'Bum - I should say so .... even the 1812 off Stalybridge tonight back to Mossley was 11 minutes late !!

I may return with further wobblings later ....
.

No comments: