Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Council Cuts Kicking In Already ?

Well we've all heard the Queen's Speech (a misnomer if there ever was one - does she give a s**t ? - I think not !!) - and we've all heard stories about where the cuts will be made - I just wonder if Tameside have already made a "pre-emptive strike" ...

Our bins should be emptied on Monday - it's now Wednesday afternoon - and we shoved our wheelies up to the approved spot on Monday morning - other peeps still go for the "bag option" - this was the scene on our street not half-an-hour ago ...




Remember - these bags have been here for over 48 hours ! The bins are up the other end of the street - still full. I went on the council website and logged a "complaint" at lunchtime - I await a reply with bated breath ... And just to show it isn't just Mossley - I was in Ashton this morning - a "registration" @ Tameside College for a dole-funded course (Office 2007 "upgrade/refresher" - it's free - why not ?) - and afterwards went into town, heading for Asda - and cheap-ish nosh - being on foot I had to go through the subway - to find this ...



So - maybe the street cleaners are already on the hit list ??

Getting ready for college now - but I'll be back later tonight with a "footy club update" (lights etc) - and some dreadful news as well - a Mossley AFC "institution" has completely disappeared - and it will certainly affect me ... watch this space ... (try about 2200 hrs !)
.

No comments: